business development manager
The role of Business Development Manager
The role will be based in our London office reporting to Senior Partner, John Jones. The focus of the role will be to work with current clients and target new clients as part of our planned business growth. Our aim is to build long term client relationships and establish opportunities to convert these into fee revenue. This role will not be required to execute the business, which is undertaken by the core team, but the candidate will be required to build and maintain a deep understanding of our service lines and build strong internal relationships across the business.
This is a key role to support our business objective for profitable growth and includes a clear focus on raising our brand profile through Linked In, the development of our Web Site and improvement of our core marketing collateral. This a new appointment and represents an opportunity to take a key role in the development of our brand and our business over the next 3-5 years.
Your new role
Supporting t the development and management of the new business pipeline for current and new clients, providing a key contribution to proposals and pitches to win new business you will:
• Help define and market a compelling proposition, building a consistent message and tone of voice as part of the brand to influence clients
• Work with our core teams to coordinate and complete proposals and presentations in Word and PPT to win new business
• Manage our CRM Hub Spot platform, helping to maintain contact with current and prospective clients, to strengthen our client relationships.
• Develop our Linked In profile as part of our brand strategy
• Maintain and enhance our marketing collateral to support proposals, bids and presentations.
• Keep abreast of activity and changes in the property market to help build knowledge and a pipeline of opportunities.
• Keep up to date with competitors to ensure our marketing collateral is appropriately focused to deliver the best profile for the brand. Keep up-to-date with industry developments, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
• Help identify and support suitable client events and communications to help strengthen our brand profile and increase market exposure.
• Advise on new events and communications to support brand profile, build reputation and create opportunities.
• Develop the brand and business profile by representing Tandem at industry events, networking and promoting an image of professionalism at all times.
• Support and lead formal tender responses, quality bids and presentations tailored to the target client and positively influence the opportunity. Have oversight of the production of exceptional pitches, tender documents and presentations, in line with brand standards.
• Nurture relationships with key internal and external stakeholders helping to raise brand profile.
• Accurate and timely reporting of pipeline, targets, proposals and formal presentations.
• Support other administrative, due diligence and reporting tasks as required.
What you'll need to succeed
• Energetic – demonstrating a passion for developing new business
• Self-motivated – can work efficiently and effectively across multiple initiatives
• Adaptability and flexibility – able to respond quickly to changing demands
• Communication skills – excellent verbal and written skills, thinks on their feet, presents logically, listens to client needs, responds appropriately
• Relationship management – a good listener; builds trust and rapport with colleagues and clients to allow rapid identification of client’s needs; excellent follow through on tasks.
• Planned and organised – set priorities, establishes objectives/milestones, schedules activities effectively and gets things done in a timely fashion.
• Teamwork and collaboration – support our initiatives and goals; co-operates and demonstrates positive attitude toward others; will assist in all areas as needed.
• Experience in Business Development, preferably from within the professional services sector.
• Experienced at supporting senior colleagues and managing new projects/opportunities
• Professional and clear communication skills coupled with the ability to network and build business relationships (internally and externally)